In an ever changing world, the ability to make wise choices and decisions ranks high in importance, due to the complexity of experiences our young minds are exposed to. Their world is one of contradictions and apparent opposites… difference in values between the home and the outside world can cloud impressionable minds; clarity may fade away.
The workshop ”Tic-Tac-Toe” brings structure into the decision making process and enables children to have a tool to think clearly and choose well thought out options, rather than follow a trial and error method.
The workshop, based on the 6 Thinking Hats of Edward de Bono andMind maps of Tony Buzan, offers an exposure to the tools, with hands on practice. The sessions are spread over 3 days and conducted in informal activity style. Ample opportunities for interaction and self expression will be provided.
In the workshop children:
- Understand the tools at a basic level
- Practice exercises in using the tools
- Work out real life situations using the tools
- Apply what they have learnt in their daily life
- Work in teams and respect other points of view
- Become able to confidently express themselves.
About the facilitator: Sheela Ramakrishnan
- Trained teacher specialized in English and Social Studies and Psychology with over 26 years of experience in the field of education.
- Co-author of text books ‘Starting Geography’ and ‘Discovering Myself’ published by the Oxford University Press, in use in schools in India and abroad.
- Trained internationally in activity-based methods of teaching, at Bangkok and Malaysia and in Thinking Skills of Edward De Bono for Education at the UK
- Founder Partner of Edcraft and Director Edcircle. Lead Facilitator for Edcraft Workshops and Consultancy, having conducted numerous sessions for educators, students and industry professionals all over the country.