The last session of BUGS turned out to be thinly attended (thanks in large measure to Sonia Gandhi and her travels across town!) but very interesting (thanks in large measure to enthusiastic sharing and discussion on the topic of Balance).
Some of the thoughts that surfaced: Balance is about
- Creating a congruent self (in other words, saying what I mean and meaning what I say + acting in line with what I say and mean)
- Learning when to say yes and when to say no (and by extension, learning when to work, when to rest, when to stretch and when to be go with the current rhythm…)
- Recognizing that we have choices. When we do, there are fewer “automatic decisions” that lead to imbalance
- Being aware. It’s probably the single largest step to being in balance. (The single largest step to any sort of growth, really)
- Generating a “creative tension” between what we are and what we desire to be